Eating really isn't activity only experienced around the table anymore. How many times this past week have you eaten on the run? What about the car, your desk, maybe even the bathroom! Our time is valuable and we need food that’s easy to grab and go. And during the chaos of finding food, one detail is easy to forget – making sure that the choices we make are healthy. Regrettably, it’s mainly bad stuff that falls into the "fast" and "easy" categories – chips, candy bars, sodas, etc. So what if we took some time to make our healthy snacks portable and easy for on-the-go eating?
Between classes, school, and other activities, eating healthily can fall to the bottom of your priority list. Planning ahead is a task in itself, but coming up with new ideas adds to the challenge! It is widely known that a well balanced diet aids in your physical wellbeing, but it can also provide a multitude of other benefits Your body will be grateful as well. The benefits of health outweigh the costs. Here are a few ideas to get you started!
Check out these suggestions.
• Celery sticks with peanut butter and several raisins on top
• Rice cakes with peanut butter (good for getting protein)
• Hardboiled eggs
• Fruit yogurt cup (add in some fresh fruits or nuts for a boost
• Trail mix
• Nuts or nut mix (
• Vegetable sticks with a little packet of dip
• Broccoli or cauliflower bites
• Half of a turkey or tuna sandwich on whole-wheat bread
• Cucumber slices (lightly salted or with Italian dressing)
• Yogurt and granola
• Leftover chicken or turkey slices (great to eat cold)
• Healthy fiber-rich or grain cereal (great to eat dry from a baggie)
• Pickles (wrapped in foil or plastic wrap)
• Box of raisins or other dried fruit
• Whole wheat bagel with light cream cheese
• Apples, bananas, strawberries (any fruit works, these are naturally portable)
• Mixed berries (these freeze well in plastic bags)
• Whole-wheat crackers and string cheese
• Grapes in a baggie
• Fruit smoothie in a thermos
• Tuna or chicken salad
Thank you so much for checking out Letters to Jayna- I am so happy you are here! Please take a moment to follow me on Bloglovin, Google+, or Blogger. And don't forget to leave a comment and let me know what you think!