Sunday, September 10, 2017

STAY


Hey friends.

11 months ago my dear, sweet, kind, and funny friend died of suicide.
it has been long and hard.

It's left us asking questions we will never know answers too.
It's left us with fear.
It's left us dreading October 4th with more might than I ever thought possible.
It's made things seem shallow and silly.

Today, September 10, is National Suicide Prevention day.
I don't really know what that means for you,
and frankly,
I don't fully understand what it means for me either.

However, I do know that my heart aches to fight the horrible effects of mental illness.
I know that I care deeply for those impacted by feelings of doubt and worthlessness.
I get it.
I've been there.

About a month ago, I reached out to some people to see if they would join me in fighting darkness.
This week is World Suicide Prevention week, I feel called to scream from the rooftops:
stay.  

stay to hope.
stay to care.
stay to experience joy.
and stay because your story isn't over yet.

Each day for the next week, amazing young women have written posts that I can't wait to share with you. I invite you to join us in saying,
"stay."  

17 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing everyone's posts! Elissa, I admire you for putting this all together! This will be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! I'm so excited for everyone to read them too!
      And I'm so very thankful for you and all you've done to make this happen!
      xoxoxox

      Delete
  2. thank you for posting this. <3 <3 <3 also excited to see the others' posts as well!!
    i am so sorry to hear about your friend. that sounds absolutely terrible + you have been so strong. xoxo

    sophy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww, thanks for reading it Sophy!
      Come back tomorrow!!

      Delete
  3. WOW. Suicide is a topic dear to my heart because so many of my friends struggle with this deeply.

    I know so many.

    Thank you for taking the time, for being strong, and for sharing this. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sweet Kara, I'm sorry to hear that you have been affected by depression <3 I'm sure you are a bright light to your friends!
      I pray that you will find hope and encouragement in these posts throughout the week!

      Delete
  4. Thank you for this Elissa <3 I've struggled with this in the past but there's a light at the end of the tunnel <3 you are leading people to that light. God bless you girl xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Anna-
      You are so right, there is light at the end of the tunnel <3 <3
      Keep talking!
      xoxoxox

      Delete
  5. This is beautiful. I cannot tell you how amazing this is. I know I'm not part of your posts, but I wanted to do one anyway.
    http://ordinarygirlextraordinaryfather.blogspot.com/2017/09/remember-and-stay.html
    Thank you for your inspiration!
    -Mikayla-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Mikayla, I'm so blessed by you!
      I'll totally add it to my wrap up at the end of the week! (if that's okay with you ;)
      thanks for reading!

      Delete
    2. That would be amazing, thank you, Elissa!!

      Delete
  6. Wow. Just wow. I can't even express how much I am feeling right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful. <3 I would love to take part in it!

    xx Kenzie

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead- make my day by leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...