Wednesday, September 13, 2017

kinder by caring [STAY. ft. vanessa]


After I had met some people who struggled with mental illnesses I found myself wanting to be there for more people. I never understood how much of an impact mental illnesses have on someone's lives until I met people who struggle with anxiety, depression, eating disorders and other mental illnesses. These people opened my eyes to what having a mental illness is like and I am so blessed to have had that opportunity.

Mental illnesses make it impossible for people to stay present in their lives. They make everyday tasks into huge challenges so when someone has to deal with a lot of little tasks everyday one can become very overwhelmed. Staying present in their lives becomes a very hard thing for people to do when they are preoccupied with little tasks that become so much bigger.

Imagine living your life with worries and fears. Fixating over what people are thinking and being taken down by the thoughts in your head. That's a hard way to live. Living in the moment completely vanishes because you are living in the past or the present. It's a hard life to live.

It's important to show compassion to every human being because you never know what they are going through. It's hard for someone to openly admit they are struggling so by being there for someone you can provide them with a little bit of support to make their day easier. Different people will need different kinds of support so just because one thing doesn't work does not mean you should give up and move on. It's about treating everyone like friends so they feel comfortable and welcomed in this world.

Care for others by:
-Telling people if they need anything you will try your best
-Being friendly
-Offering a listening ear
-Sending little notes of encouragement
-Small acts of kindness
-Giving out hugs
-Respecting boundaries
-Telling people how much they mean to you

Suicide is one of the big topics when it comes to mental health but there is still a huge part of society that has a hard time talking about it. All mental illnesses can lead to suicide and that is a crazy thing. Simply said, show your support to every human being and you'll be able to help prevent people from taking their lives. It's all about being kind to one another.

Don't forget about yourself. Sometimes we put so much focus on other people and things we forget to check in with how we are doing mentally. It's important to take care of your mental health too! Don't neglect yourself. Every once in a while do a check in to see how you are doing.

Self-care check-in questions:
-How have I been feeling the past few days on a scale from 1-10?
-Have there been things on my mind that are drowning my thoughts?
-How have I been sleeping recently?
-Am I taking care of my personal needs?
-Do I spend time with positive people?

We all matter so much in this world so stay with us and make the world a kinder place. Care for one another and yourself so that we can strive as a community of human beings.

thanks for coming back for day 3 of Suicide Prevention Week! my dear friend Vanessa (who blogs at Simply Me) so willingly jumped on board to this project, and I'm so thankful for her wise words!  Go check out her blog and show her some love in the comments! 

4 comments:

  1. Wow, this was an incredibly insightful post. Thank you for sharing!
    My name is Amelia and I am a fellow Christian blogger, I discovered your own through a very dear friend of mine (Sophy from Lavender & Blue) and immediately subscribed.

    Amelia xxx
    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey Amelia!
      Isn't it amazing?
      Vanessa writes to thoughtfully, and her words are so full of wisdom. She is amazing <3
      And I'm so humbled and thankful you found me :)
      thank you!

      Delete
  2. Thankful that you reached out to me! <3

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead- make my day by leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...