Wednesday, June 21, 2017

free at last


well, I turned in my last paper of junior year.
I watched some of my best friends throw their caps into the air.
we took our bow together.
the announcements are on the fridge. 

and we're free for summer. 
we're ready for beaches
long walks
shopping
sleeping in 

I'm ready to rest. 
my room needs a deep cleaning. 
the world weighs heavily on me.
I need some sun.

although I'm free,
I need Jesus. 
his stability calls to me, 
begging me to submit myself to his timing. 
his schedule. 
his freedom. 
oh how I find rest in his freedom. 


6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thanks- I actually only graduated 11th grade, but I'll take it:)

      Delete
  2. Oh, how I understand these feelings. I hope you have the most wonderful summer, Elissa. <3 Lots of resting in Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 <3 thanks dear! Lots of rest for you too

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! All the best with everything this summer. xx

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead- make my day by leaving a comment!