Sunday, April 9, 2017

remember to feel the sun

There is something healing about the sunshine.
It peaks out, chasing away the clouds.
It shines bright and warm, illuminating through the grey blanket that has blurred reality for so long.

The sun comes and reminds me that bones do thaw.
It paints to sky blue and lures people outside,
our lungs craving to be filled with oxygen.



I've been sad lately.
The sad that seemingly comes from nowhere, yet looms and cripples me.
I miss my dear friend who died six months ago.
My heart aches from the pain and loss and trauma that is all so very fresh.

It's seemed impossible to leave my house, much less plan the next five years of my life.

But the sun pokes out,
and shines high and bright.
It evaporates rain,
burns out darkness,
reminding me that
flowers can still bloom.
the sun still rises
and God doesn't keep us in the rain forever. 

7 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about your friend. My prayers are with you, losing people you love is so difficult but the good days and sunshine does do great things. Keep looking for the sunshine. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunshine is so powerful - it seems God knew we would need that constant reminder. His mercies are new every morning.

    I'm feeling for you, girl. Loss and grief are big things, and they're not easy. But God promises to hold our hand (Isaiah 41:13). You're not alone. Sending a hug! xx

    P.s Your new photo on the side is lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. May we learn to look for the sun amidst the clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God doesn't keep us in the rain forever <3 wowowow so true

    ReplyDelete
  5. God doesn't keep us in the rain forever.

    Thank you for that, sweet friend. I am so sorry for all that you've been going through. Sending so many prayers and hugs. Always here if you need anything <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sunshine always makes me feel a little happier, more hopeful, and makes me want to be more active. I'm so sorry about your friend. Its so hard to lose someone close to you.

    - Courtney
    courtneylthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead- make my day by leaving a comment!