Sunday, March 26, 2017

don't be a victim [thoughts on love/attention neediness]


Sometimes we sit and watch other people take attention.
They take take take.
And usually it's justified,
but sometimes it's not.

Nerveless, we watch.
And sometimes, I want/need some of that love too.
So I silently begin to feel hurt.
I harbor resentment on why no-one reads my mind.
Why no one-cares enough to give me love and attention.

But that's exactly it-
people aren't mind readers.
Your friends are all psychologists,
analyzing your every finger twitch,

So please, let's stop being victims.
Stop watching
and being sad
and feeling hurt and alone.

Stand up, you strong and valuable woman,
For you are absolutely worthy of love and attention-
your heavenly father hears your every ache.
You are loved.
You are valuable.
And you are absolutely not alone.
  

14 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful piece. I love it and couldn't agree more with every line. Thanks so much for sharing and keep up the good work.

    Joanny
    imachoccakeaholic.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Joanny!
      I appreciate your kind words!

      Delete
  2. So much love for this, your writing is beautiful! I've definitely been there before, I've felt like no one understands me or cares about how I'm feeling. But you're right - how are they supposed to know what' going on in my mind if I don't tell them? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, I'm so flattered Sara! I'm glad to know I'm not alone!

      Delete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE this and something I really needed this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Just wow. That is incredible. I needed that today, thank you.
    -Mikayla-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad this gave you some food-for-thought <3

      Delete
  5. Love this! These are some of the most powerful poems to read and I love how you have written this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I feel so honored Vanessa!
      xoxoxo

      Delete
  6. This is the most amazing thing ever <3<3<3 So powerful! I needed this today...thanks<3

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead- make my day by leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...