Wednesday, February 22, 2017

hey God, it's me, elissa.


Why can't I just learn all the life lessons already?
Like, seriously God.
All this waiting and unknown is getting kinda old; can't you just tell me what you're thinking?

I know dependence on you is a good lesson and all, but I was kind of hoping to be done with it by now.

Maybe we could move on to joy?
Or, say, faithfulness?
I could settle for a real good conviction on teaching Sunday school twice a month, as opposed to once a month.

God, I'd appreciate some clear "how to" manuals, if that isn't too much to ask.
Yeah, the Bible is awesome and all...
but I'm not exactly finding the answers I was looking for.

You see, I was looking for closure on some trauma.
I looked and it told me that trauma is part of the broken world,
and you hold me in every situation.

I was hoping you could take my guilt from me,
but the Bible said that I needed to lay it at your feet.

I asked about a situation that I would like to stay silent in
 (hint: I was looking for some backup)
But then the Bible said something about speaking truth loudly, which wasn't exactly the answer I was looking for.

So okay, fine.
 I'll try to learn grace and contentment and peace and self-sacrifice.
I'll remember: your will. not mine. 

But if you happen to change your mind, feel free to drop of that instruction manual.
It's the second mailbox.  

4 comments:

  1. This is something we most definitely don't talk about enough -- the being patient, the wanting to know things, the frustration of expecting God to give us everything at once. For me personally, it's easy to slip into the mindset of confusion and frustration because I don't understand, and being upset with God because why can't he just make this clear, and totally missing the fact that maybe, just maybe, this is part of the fight. Maybe there's value in taking a moment to just take a deep breath. Maybe there's value in waiting on God.

    Maybe God's timing is so much better than mine could ever be. :P

    (To the Barricade!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an important topic. Waiting is so, so hard. But His timing is always best, even when it's hard. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh this made my heart hurt. <3 <3 I feel your pain.
    I totally understand what you mean—I feel like waiting is all I've ever done sometimes. But don't give up. God's decisions are always for the best no matter what.
    xx

    Sophy
    lavender & blue
    the inkpot girl

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead- make my day by leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...