Tuesday, October 4, 2016

big thoughts


why am I scared of what God will take away if I daily lay myself down?
what's it that I'm gripping, 
hording for myself? 
what do I want control over? 
selfishly planning according to my ideas and agendas. 



honestly, these questions go deep. 
so deep that I want to push away, 
fearful and un-trusting, 
avoiding eye-contact. 

they humble me from pride. 
 strip me of my exterior. 

and yet I still push. 

I still think God might rob me of joy and goodness. 

I think he will convict me of sin I'm comfortable with. 

I think I just might have a better idea for my life then him.

^^that?

it's all stupid. 

our Daddy isn't a thief of joy.
he hates what separates us from him. 
and with him, we can completely fulfill the life we were designed to live. 

16 comments:

  1. I love posts like this. Short but very thought provoking. Of course our good Father will never want anything but good for us. He has always been and will always be faithful. Anything or anyone that tries to make us think otherwise will be acting in accordance with lies from the devil. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. God bless 😊

    Joanny
    imachoccakeaholic.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because I can't use emojis on my computer, just pretend I'm sending you hearts and kissy faces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Its so relatable and true<3<3
    Hugs,
    -Clara

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just came across your blog and love it! This post is so inspiring and we all, at sometime, can definitely relate to this.

    Have a great weekend! :)

    With love and all joy,
    Allie D.
    www.alliesblogdesigns.blogspot.com
    www.friendlovesatalltimes.blogspot.com
    www.sincerelyallied.blogspot.com
    www.spreadingmyjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Allie!
      I appreciate you dropping by!

      Delete
  5. Ahh Elissa, this is so, so good. I love it. *big hugs*
    -Em

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely poem. It reads very nicely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this. I am always holding on when I need to let go... fear? I'm not sure. Thank you for sharing this <3 <3 -Faith

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead- make my day by leaving a comment!