Saturday, July 30, 2016

sitting in this weird thing called silence

Silence breathes on my tired face.
My head hurts from the previous days of sleep deprivation due to early mornings and little quiet.

The mission trip was amazing and powerful, yet I'm not ready to form words. 
Jayna's visit was a total blast, but far to short. 
It's scary that I might not see her until we're both in collage. 
I'm not ready for our friendship to go back into a screen. 

I lay in the quiet, not sure where to begin.
So I ask God to gently unpack me. 
Unpack my emotion,
My memories,
My guilt. 
To sort through this with Him, that it may bring Him glory. 

I don't know what to think or feel or do or say. 
Yet in this quiet, I know to listen.
Listen to His whisper saying, "Rest in me. Feel with me. And do not fear; for you can do all things through me, who strengthens you."


6 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful <3 Jayna visited?! Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh gosh these words are deep and velvet. so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elissa, my sister (Abbiee from http://www.abbieemusicblog.com/) and I are starting a blog collaborative that I would LOVE to talk to you more about and see if you're interested in taking part. Shoot me an email if you have a chance! andonthethirdday@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead- make my day by leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...