Sunday, January 24, 2016

rest


I feel like a just ran a marathon but only remember bits and pieces.  It's a blur of ups and downs, with life throwing me round and round.
I feel like it was nothing profound.
Just research and dancing and hoping and praying and very little clowning around.

I've eaten more ice cream then I want to admit;
I've thrown fits
And I'm sure I've shrank an inch.

Now I'm more tired then I know
I'm waiting for my faith to grow.
I trying to focus on the pros
And remind my self that it's okay to stop and smell the rose.

So now I sit staring at the screen
Wondering what it all even means,
While shoving down greens.

I'm listening for His voice
And realizing I have a choice.
A choice to listen to His words

Saying, "Have faith Elissa, and rest in me. I know exactly what your going to be. You worry and stress and panic and cry; while you know I'm here, walking by your side.
You need to rest in my unending grace.
And know that I see your sweet tired face."


2 comments:

  1. Aww this was beautiful to read.
    You are every creative. Love your choice of words. We indeed can only find rest in our Saviour. I pray God continues to give you the grace and cause your faith not to waver.
    God bless you :)
    Joanny :)
    imachoccakeaholic.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind words Joanny! And thank you :)

      Delete

Go ahead- make my day by leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...