Monday, November 9, 2015

I don't look at fitspiration: here's why

 

I don't look at 'fitsporation'.
I don't believe we should use shame and jealousy to motivate ourselves into making healthy choices.
I don't believe losing weight is the key to success.
I don't agree that I am a bad person if I eat a cupcake.
 
I don't want to stare at six packs and thigh gaps all day.
I refuse to believe loosing weight is the answer to bigger problems.
 
I do strive to be healthy.
I try to eat whole foods, drink lots of water, and exercise at least 5 days a week. 
 
But I don't need my perception of healthy or beauty distorted by "motivating" tips.
I don't think women need to use pictures to motivate them to become healthy.
I think women need to understand they are valuable no matter what size they are.  
 
So there, I said it.
I don't look at fitsporation, at that's why.
 
Thanks for dropping by Letters to Jayna! Please take a moment to leave a comment and let me know what you think. If you like what you read, please follow me on Bloglovin', Google+ or Blogger. I look forward to hearing from you! 


9 comments:

  1. Hey Elissa! I just found your blog, and have enjoyed reading through your posts. :) Keep up the excellent work!

    I totally agree with what you've said about fitsporation - it's great finding someone who sees it in this way! I used to look at it to try and motivate myself, but of course it never worked. Then I found a quote which said, "You can't hate yourself into something you'll love." That made so much sense. We have to appreciate who we are, and how we are, and then improve on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you so much Jessica! I'm glad you like it:) And I totally agree, and love that quote. It just doesn't work for me. Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  2. Amen!!! All that fitspiration does is make people who don't have those bodies feel bad about themselves. You expressed this so well, thank you:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Elissa!
    I hope you check out my shop and purchase something like a necklace, bracelet, or the wristlet. :) ashleysyarnworks.blogspot.com
    Love,
    Ashley
    creatingpreciousmoments.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by Ashley! I did check out your blog- so cute!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for your comment. :) Would you like to buy something?

      Delete

Go ahead- make my day by leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...