Thursday, September 24, 2015

beautiful in it's time


A few years ago, Hold On by TobyMac was my current song obsession. The lyrics spoke perfectly to my heart, constantly encouraging me. 
I was so lost in a cloud, walking blindly through a valley.  
   Sadness and pain surrounded me, and for good reason. 
Loss after loss.
 Hurt after hurt.
And months later, I couldn't snap out of it. 
I couldn't shake the little sadness cloud hanging over my head. 
   I used to wake up and sit in a chair, starring off into space for a hour every morning. 
People told me it would be better- but months after these losses, I had less and less of an excuse for my sadness cloud.  

So baby hold on
just another day or two
I can see the clouds are
moving faster now
and the sun is breaking through
If you can hold on, to the one that's holding you
there is nothing that can
stop this crazy love
from breaking through

I held onto God- I let Him lead me out. 
  I felt like I was walking with a blindfold, not knowing the reasons for any of this hurt. 
And God told me to hold on.
   To fight the good fight,
Allowing Him to be my every breath, my every move.

Two and a half years later, I got the opportunity to see TobyMac in person. 
On Sunday, my dear friend Alyse had her 16th birthday and we headed out to see him.



And it was awesome!! We sang Funky Jesus Music and danced and screamed and partied our little butts off.

  I had kinda forgotten about that song until I found myself singing it along with the hundreds of other people in the crowd. And it was beautiful, absolutely beautiful. 

And God kept his promise; he held onto me.
  I'm in a much better place to experience joy!
My heart sings out to God, and his sunshine fills my heart.

He has made all things beautiful their time- he really has.

Q: Has there every been a song that God has spoken to you through?

Thanks for visiting Letters to Jayna!  Feel free to leave a comment and let me know what you think. Also, please take a moment to follow me on Blogger, Google+ and Bloglovin'. 

6 comments:

  1. I like Hold On by T-Mac as well. I also really like Faithful by Hawk Nelson. How good to know that God is always faithful even when we aren't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, I will have to look that up! Amen sister. Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  2. Hold On is really such a great song. For a while this past spring, my favorite TM song was Beyond Me, the lyrics are great. And I'm forever in love with Oceans by Hillsong United.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are both great songs! Thanks for dropping buy! xoxo

      Delete
  3. I really like the song Pieces by Amanda Cook! It talks about who God is and His love :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check it out! Thanks Itunu!

      Delete

Go ahead- make my day by leaving a comment!