Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Watch out Hawaii!


In 21 days I'm going to be sailing across the ocean to visit my long lost friend in Hawaii. We will get to spend 7 days of sunny, tropical bliss, doing what best friends do. I get to meet Jayna's sweet, little baby sister Annalee, whisper all night in her bedroom, and go shopping. Shaved ice is certainly on the agenda, and we also get to celebrate her 16th birthday. In case you haven't noticed, I am pretty excited!

 What I am most looking forward to though, is seeing my friend.

{Jayna and her mom}

The past two and a half years have been long, and kind of lonely without my partner in crime 10 minutes away. My posts were long an sappy and depressing in the months after you left. A lot of sad things did happen right around that time, but I was also covering myself in doubt.

I felt like my hear was being ripped up, and God wasn't stopping it. I remember crying out to God, asking him why he was taking all these people away from me; people that I loved deeply. It was sad; although I see and know that God was walking through those situations, I still don't understand the bigger picture.

 Sometimes that's how it goes.
We question our circumstances.
Our boats are rocked, and we wonder why this happening.

Even though I do finally get to see my friend, I still have no idea what God is doing.

I'm not sure what's going to happen next. But I know that it's gonna end up awesome.



 So now I'm curious. Have you had a situation where you questioned your circumstances? How did it turn out?

Hey, thanks so much for dropping by Letters to Jayna! Feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think. And if you like what you see, take a moment to follow me on Google+, Bloglovin, and Blogger. Have a wonderful day!

11 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!! YOU GET TO GO TO HAWAII!!!!!!! I'm seriously so happy for you it's not even funny. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Hawaii! That's so exciting! Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by Maddy! And thank you- I am excited!

      Delete
  3. AAAAHHHH! I am so excited. So very excited.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have an amazing time!! I think that sometimes God removes people from us to bring us closer to Him, to make us look to Him more. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you much! What wise words- thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Hi! You have a wonderful blog! I love reading it! I wanted to let you know that I'm making/selling blog buttons for five dollars each. This is a beautiful blog and I'd love to make one or even a couple for it. The good thing about me making buttons for people is that I would share your button and blog on Google plus and email girls about it. I just made one for someone and so many new people found out about her blog. So, you would be paying for a button but also to make your blog very well known! Please just think about then get back to me. :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maddy! I will definitely think about it.

      Delete

Go ahead- make my day by leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...