Wednesday, April 15, 2015

730 Days

730 days ago I gave you a hug.
     A long, but oh-too-short hug.

And in these 730 days I have done lots of things.
I started high school.
I watched my aunt die.
I've spent a lot of nights dancing.
A lot of mornings dressing.
A lot of school days working.

  I've won two science fairs.
I've practically failed Algebra out of laziness.
  I read To Kill a Mockingbird which is my new favorite book.
I've been to sleepovers, learned to drive, and re-organized my room.
 
  I've danced in weird, extremely long performances,
toured collages with my older sister, and celebrated the baby of the families 9th birthday.

It's been joyful and beautiful, messy and complicated, lonely and full.

 The past 730 days have sucked up energy, motivation, perseverance, and grace, only to have God fill me when I ask.

  I have asked and revived.
I have forgiven, and been unjustly forgiven.
   I have been judged, and judged others.
I have cried out to God asking for direction.

Life has moved on.
Storms have passed.
Sunshine has radiated.

Rain has fallen
and flowers have grown.

 
"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned in life; it goes on."
                               -Robert Frost

God is faithful, and has unending love.
He will guide our steps.


6 comments:

  1. I totally understand how you feel. It's been 8 months, 28 days since I hugged my best friend. So much has happened since then, so this post pretty much is my life. :P Beautifully written:)
    xoxo
    Grace Anne
    http://totallygraced.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww- yeah, it is rough!! So sad :'( I'm glad (but not really.. ;) that you can relate! hugs!

      Delete
  2. I know how you feel. Its been eight years since I've seen one of my best friends. =/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry! It's interesting how friendship changes and evolves because of distance, but at the same time, it's not always very fun. Hang in there!

      Delete
  3. AWWW this made me tear up. These 730 days have been too long. I miss you more every day, Elissa! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I teared up the other day just thinking about how much I miss you! They have- a visit is in order!

      Delete

Go ahead- make my day by leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...