Wednesday, October 2, 2013

A wet, cold, and rainy baptism

   Dear Jayna,

So on Sunday, I was baptized.
In the rain.
In the cold.
In a mettle horse trough.



 And, let me tell you it wasn't perfect.
It wasn't in some beautiful lake on the island on the perfect summer day.
But it was enough. Enough for me to be crying.
And more then enough for God to do his thing, without me stepping in and telling him how 'we' could do it better.
Because that is what it is about, right?
It is a public decoration that my life is his, and he can do his thing through me. And as you know, (a little to well) that I am far from perfect. I do not wake up every morning and live my life in submission to him. I mess up, I yell at my mom, and I get jealous of other people.
But this spring, God brought me to a place in my life were I needed to change, and he is the only source of the hope that I have today.
I could tell you a whole list of things that would have made it better: but I am truly thankful.
And it would have been amazing if you were there, and I only thought about that five billion times.
But any just want you to know, that I am thinkin about you, and that I hope and pray that this post finds you all right:-)
                                         Love you - Elissa

6 comments:

  1. Awwwwe I am so happy for you! And jealous too. I have been baptized, but I don't have the cool story of having it be done in a horse trough. No, but really, that is wonderful and I am super happy for you! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Jealous? You have a cool story too: your Grandpa did it for heavens sake! It was pretty cool though.

      Delete
  2. Oh, yeah. The glory bound cowboy baptized me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Elissa. You write beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you:-) I really appreciate you saying that.

      Delete

Go ahead- make my day by leaving a comment!